Water Treatment Services
Techniheat Plant Services Ltd are able to carry out legionella risk assessments on your behalf. Our inspectors and assessors have over twelve years experience of carrying out legionella prevention work at numerous different types of buildings including hospitals, nursing homes, industrial factories and retail outlets.
To find out more about our water treatment services & what we can do for you, call us today on 0161 427 0541 or get in touch.
Whether you need to arrange a LRA, or regular water monitoring we have the experience and expertise to make it possible as well as to provide you the necessary paperwork to satisfy the ACOP L8 spec.
Please call 0161 427 0541 to arrange a free initial LRA survey. This will enable us to give you the most cost effective solution.
We are pleased to be able to offer the following services:
- Legionella Pneumophila risk assessments to ACOP L8 spec.
- Tank cleaning and chlorinations to ACOP L8, BS6700, HTM2040 spec.
- Steam Boiler treatment to BS2486 spec.
- Cooling water treatment to ACOP L8 spec.
- Closed circuit treatment to BS7593 spec.
- Pre-commission cleaning to BSRIA spec.
- Chemical cleaning of pipe work systems.
- Acid de-scales.
- Microbiological analysis at UKAS accredited laboratory.
- De-greasing and passivation of stainless steel to ASTM A380/967 spec.
Legionella Risk Assessments
The bacterium Legionella Pneumophila has been identified as the causative agent in out breaks of Legionnaires disease. In order to minimize the risk of proliferation of the bacteria in water systems and to comply with current legislation, a suitable risk assessment should be carried out. A Legionella Pneumophila Risk Assessment should be based upon the following guidance:
- COSHH 2004, HSAW Act 1974.
- The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
- Approved Code of Practice & Guidance.
Download our FREE Employers Guide To Legionella Risk Assessments
3 Reasons To Use Us For Your Boiler Servicing & Maintenance Needs
To arrange your FREE initial LRA survey call our service team on 0161 427 0541
Domestic Hot Water (D.H.W.) & Cold Water Systems Monitoring Packages
TPS can put together the monitoring regimes that would arise from the assessments to ensure that the water systems in question are run in a safe manner. Site specific log books would be provided for all monitoring results to be filed in. Should site personnel be unsure of how to carry out the monitoring then a training session can be carried out or TPS can carry out the monitoring on your behalf.
These packages would always be tailored to each individual site. A free initial survey and discussions meeting at your site would enable us to give you the most cost effective solution. Call us today on 0161 427 0541 to arrange.
View The Packages
- Carry out and record temperatures of nearest and furthest outlets to cold waterstorage tanks.
- Carry out and record temperatures of nearest and furthest outlets to calorifiers.
- Carry out and record temperatures of flow and return from calorifiers.
- Carry out and record temperatures of stored water in calorifiers.
All monthly tests plus check internal cold water tank temperatures at ball valve and remote from ball valve.
Inspect water tanks internally and externally and issue a full written report. (Cleaning and chlorinating is dependant on inspection findings).
Carry out full Legionella Risk Assessment.
Reasons For Treatment
- To comply with ACOP L-8, COSHH, Health and Safety at Work Act.1974 etc.
- Prevent microbiological activity within the system.
- Prevent legionella outbreaks.
- Maintain safe and efficient water system.
- Correctly maintain and audit site log book.